Monday 28 March 2011

Ok, Day off today in New york, strange waking up with no agenda, just blank, NY is a great place to fill a void, I got up, walked through Central Park ("can you dig it" warriors film reference )which was nice but it is just a park, moved on to Broadway where I tried to get a ticket for the Addams Family musical only to find I was 30 minutes late - Eugh! so walked about another 100000 blocks to Millers Theatre to buy a ticket for Sonic Youth only to find it sold out - double Eugh!! so feeling down in the dumps I headed back towards our Hotel, walked past the Iridium and saw a poster that said Tonight "Hubert Sumlin" ( Guitarist for all the legendary Chess recordings of Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters etc)I thought Eh? Wha? Bu? I couldn't believe my luck, I went to get a ticket and the owner recognised me from the Jeff DVD and got me in, a quick text and Darrel and Imelda joined us there, Hubert was great and we were introduced after, he was one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, his smile is infectious and we laughed a lot, It was a moment I shall never forget.


1 comment:

  1. 'Twas meant to be...or as I like to say my favorite word....serendipity! How cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete