Thursday 17 June 2010

Day 14, woke at 6 am to what sounded like a giant rip-arse in a shit-storm! our lovely motor home had a blowout! Jeeezusss!!!



anyhoo here is a pic of me holding a watermelon to calm the situation down.



Ok, we arrive in Kingston a little later than planned but still early, Coff and I had a fry up and then walked five miles so I could go to a bookshop ( we were told it was just around the corner and....its a long story, when I got back Darrel and I then hit the thrift stores -yey!
Kingston was the last of our Jeff Beck supports, bit sad really, Jeff, his band and Crew were all really nice to us and have helped us a great deal and we all thank them very muchly.

Coff, Tim and I found a great Indian Restaraunt where we had fantastic Vindaloos etc just before embarking on our trip to Denver, 37 hours! God help the rest of of the Band!

Here is a pic of me holding a small beach ball.

13 comments:

  1. Well if it's Dave Priseman look-a-like competition. The warteemelon wins, it's uncanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you're all safe.... Coulda been much worse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny though Little John, the green beach ball uncannily resembles your body shape, though your actual body is much much much much bigger !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably twenty times bigger at least.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the better to wrestle you with next time I see you. Is it true Al was talking to the Melon for 3 days before he realised it wasn't you!? Better trumpet solos as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In fact I heard the Melon was twenty times at least more interesting then you and it was gonna be offered your job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The melon is welcome to audition for my job John. I heard by the way, that the beach ball is now delivering leaflets in the Birmingham area, and has a girlfriend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh get Mr bravado just cuz he's got a girlfriend. I've heard that Irish girls are very charitable, must be your reassemblance to a potato!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh you didn't like that one ! Well you did start the insults John. Do us a favour, and get out of the house a bit more mate. Get yourself a proper hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What,like playing trumpet in a band!? Or is it a vuvuzela? can't tell the difference ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard that you're rather good on the pink oboe !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why! you interested? had enough of girls aready!? I love you long time, let me tounge your mouthpiece!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's getting rather perverse. I don't know how you always drag me down to your level!! :o)

    ReplyDelete